Apple, Earbuds and Static

“Wow! iMac!”, my friend gushed. It was fall of 1999 and we were in the Fry’s store on Arques Avenue in Sunnyvale. It was many seasons before iPod hit the market. Growing up on PCs, I was ignorant about Apple and Macs then. I was puzzled on why people want to use an iMac? Wasn’t Windows the answer for everything?

My friend patiently explained about Macs and it’s loyal fan base, never missing an opportunity to berate Microsoft. In spite of never touching a Mac before in his life, the passion in his voice and eyes were hard to miss. He loved Apple. On second thoughts, he worshipped Apple.

It is one of the most interesting thing about Apple. Before iPod hit the market, I have never came across any friend(or even friend’s friend) who used an Apple product. But, they were ready to vouch for Apple!

I was always neutral to Apple. I was gifted two iPods at different occasions. My wife listens to music while I download trailers and watch it on iPod. I love the product. But I can hardly be called an Apple fan(atic).

Last week, Apple warned users about experiencing a “small and quick” shock via their earbuds due to a buildup of static electricity. I have met people who can’t handle static while opening a door. When presented an opportunity to open a door, they will glide sideways tactfully so as to let the next person open the door. Hope they are not using iPods.

Imagine getting a jolt of electricity while or after listening to your favorite song! A wake up call for the listener lest he/she falls asleep listening to a favorite song.

But Apple, being a professional outfit, immediately issued an article on their support forum. They have explained the cause of this issue and asked us to avoid using it in extremely dry environment. They have also asked the users to try out the following options.

  • Dehumidifier
  • Anti-static spray
  • Anti-static hand lotion
  • Apparels made of natural fibers
  • Bag or case for iPod

Even in adverse conditions, Apple is trying to promote other industries! This is exactly what we need in a downturn!

Picture courtesy: http://fortuneapple20.files.wordpress.com, http://www.apple.com

Tags: Musings,Apple,Earbuds,Static,Microsoft,iMac,iPod

Comments

  1. Wonderful goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely wonderful. I actually like what you've acquired here, certainly like what you're saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it wise. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is really a great web site.
    Here is my blog : in-ear sports headphones

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment