Saturday, February 25, 2012

So close yet so far

So close yet so far. Is there an expression like this? I am not sure. But it definitely sounds like the title of a Bollywood movie. Anyways, that was my thought early in the morning while sitting on the Emirates flight. I say early in the morning because it was early in the morning where I was; to be precise somewhere between Dubai and Bengaluru and a few thousand feet above sea level.

So I am sitting on the plane, one and a half hour away from Bengaluru and sleeping as peacefully as I can in the sitting position. Suddenly the pilot announces that we are turning back to Dubai. Apparently there was a technical failure which was corrected by communicating with the ground staff. Now, we are turning back to Dubai for finding an alternate plane. The whole flight takes only a little over 3 hours. So you can imagine my state of mind. So close yet so far.

I was supposed to be in Bengaluru at 9 am IST. Instead I arrived at 3:40 pm IST on the same day. There was another major shocker waiting for me in Bengaluru. Traffic!



10 comments:

  1. Glad you managed to reach the destination. Would hate that to happen to me as I can just about have enough of sitting in place for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dubai - Bengaluru is okay. It doesn't take long. The other leg Paris - Dubai is a bit taxing. I would have hated this to happen then. I was more frustrated about being so close and still not reaching there.

      Delete
  2. When you only have a week losing most of a day is rather disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. But now, I am not thinking about it a lot. :)

      Delete
  3. Glad u are safe in India inspite of the delay.
    Take some good pictures to share with us.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQCMbLOBQMw

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous - Thank you... for the comment and also sharing the video. I am here only for 2 weeks. Will put up pictures if I get a chance to take it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's bad enough with a bus, can imagine what it must be to have a plane turn around. Only with trains, the engine returns while bogies await a new engine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was disappointing as I lost almost 6 hours because of this tiny incident. I prefer going back to Dubai instead of being stranded anywhere in between. ;)

      Delete
  6. huh, sucks! Nightmare. The same thing happened to one of my friends; Emirates again. Turned back to Dubai after being airborne for an hour :X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was half asleep when they announced. But we had covered more than half the distance. :(

      Delete

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License.