Beware of what you post

Beware of what you post. It forms one of the lessons I learnt on Saturday. The other learning was a person's ability to identify his/her most loved possession by only seeing only a part of it. It might seem unrelated. But an interesting conversation with a friend led to these lessons on life.

My friend has a horse. No, I am not talking about the stunted animals on which you go for a ride around the lake in Kodaikanal, Ooty or Mahabaleshwar or even scantily snow-clad mountains of Rohtang Pass in the summer. I am talking about a real horse here. Coming back to the main story, my friend has a horse which she keeps in a farm, equipped with fenced open areas and also stables. This weekend, I was there to click pictures. During the conversation, I came to know she has recently switched to this farm. Two months back, she was using another farm. But she broke ties with the earlier farm because they let her horse be ridden without her permission. That piqued my curiosity. How did she come to know about this? That was my next question. The answer was weird. Through Facebook!

Listen to this. This gets weirder. The person who rode her horse posted a picture on Facebook. It was taken while riding her horse. The photo revealed nothing other than the ears of the horse. My friend was able to identify her horse just by looking at the ears!

Tags: Musings,Horse,Facebook



Comments

  1. Just goes to show how dangerous Facebook is. Thanks for the tip on horses ears. If I steal one, will keep ears covered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no no. If you steal one, you will have to cover everything. Like I said, the owner will be able to identify even by seeing a part of it. ;)

      Delete
    2. ...now this is not just difficult, it's impossible we know that;)

      Delete
    3. I agree with you. So the moral of the story. Do not steal. :D

      Delete
  2. LOL..:)ur friend was smart enough.. but i am sure not many will be able to identify with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my friend treats the horse like her child. That is why she was able to identify it from a photo.

      Delete
  3. Thats called catching a horse by its ears :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow rare eyes , rare ears. haha The famous horse. Hilarious indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this story is extremely unusual and interesting. but the fact remains that everything you put up on facebook is actually public, and can be used against you in a million ways. facebook has still not been able to say that deleted data is truly deleted or that it will not hand over information to law enforcement agencies if needed, even if that information is shared with a private network by a person. this includes private messages and chats too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have heard the same from other sources. At the same time, thanks for sharing this useful information. :)

      Delete
  6. Ah this shows the depth of her attachment,what a coincidence!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha..witty! And this would be exceptionally helpful to thieves and plagiarists I believe.. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exceptionally helpful in discouraging these people...I hope

      Delete
  8. This also shows the kind of relationship your friend had with her horse. It was so intimate. As a child I used to wonder as to how owners used to identify their herd of animals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic - get caught finally.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment