Birds of the same feather

Birds of the same feather flock together. Isn't that the case with an expatriate? I am no longer one. I have returned to my nest. How long am I going to stay in my nest? This is to be seen. This is not about me. This is about my friend visiting India. He was in Bangalore and I took him to the Mosque street in Frazer town. It was around the time when people were breaking their fast as part of Ramzan. I thought it was the best place to make my friend enjoy street food.





The food was good. It was a bit too spicy for my friend's palette. After capturing all the sights on the street with both our cameras and eyes, we waited for an auto-rickshaw. While waiting for the auto-rickshaw, a couple of them passed by us. There was a woman in one of the rickshaws who was waving wildly at my friend and shouting to catch his attention. The woman was also non-Indian like my friend. I was surprised because my friend had been in the city only for a day. So I turned to my friend with inquiring eyes. He smiled and said , "I know her. We met at a restaurant and exchanged notes about India...the usual like what to do, where to visit, what to avoid".

I have lived as an expatriate. So I know better. When you find someone else who like you have planted themselves in a new environment, it is natural to find a non-visible yet strong bond between each other. 


Please visit the page of Photokkaran. Don't forget to "Like" the page if you enjoy the pictures.

Tags: Musings,Expatriate,Street Food

-->

Comments

Post a Comment