ZillionBig have tagged me with magic four virus. Here I go with my list.
Four places you have lived
- Santa Clara: I was single when I landed here. When I packed my bags to India, I had transitioned from single to husband to expectant father.
- Pune: You could not live in this city without enjoying the laidback life of Punaikars. A great place for settle down and raise a family.
- Gurgaon: My daughter still remembers Gurrrrgaon. The climate is harsh (for a South Indian). But, the aggressive nature of NCR is infectious.
- Bangalore: Closer to Kerala and even closer to dear sister(a stone’s throw away), I’m loving this place.
Four TV shows you love(d) to watch
- 24: Jack Bauer saves US in a regular day’s work. Although some episodes are stretched to fill in 60 minutes, I love the gadgets and Kiefer Sutherland! Most of it has to do with admiration for Donald Sutherland.
- Seinfeld: A show about nothing. The jokes haunt you and makes you break out in a laugh at an inappropriate time. I still love it even though Jerry is a very bad actor.
- Akkarakazchakal(Malayalam): George-ettan has all the trappings of a Malayali simpleton who migrates to US. I can relate. He also has the best come-backs.
- Friends: They may have lost their charm by the 10th season. They have tried all the different permutations and combinations with the lead pairs. But still, somewhere in between 1st and 6th season, I fell in love with this.
Four places you have been on vacation
- Chicago: The architectural diversity in this town fascinated me. Armed with a Mapeasy map, we enjoyed the city to the maximum. We walked and walked and walked.
- New York: From NJ, we used to catch the 5pm bus into NY as I was mixing business with pleasure. We would come back at 1 am in the morning exhausted. Again we walked and walked and walked. We bought our favorite Mapeasy maps from Manhattan and we were on a roll.
- Agra: Seeing the Taj in moonlight was magic. The photos do not do any justice to it. We never thought we will be able to see it (because it is so far away from the south!).
- Manali: Almost the second honeymoon and we were running all around the place. Himachal is pretty and Manali is beautiful.
Four of your favorite food
- Meen curry: I like to term this as Orange fish curry. It has coconut, cocum and of course, fish.
- Pulussery: This is moru kolambu for Tamil and kadi for North Indians. This is the yellowish curry made from curd
- Pappadam: This is papad fried in oil.
- Choru: This is the brown rice from Kerala
Combine the above four and you have a very yummilicious combination.
Four places you would rather be
- Dubai: Be this a myth or a dream, the city deserves to be visited.
- Las Vegas: Casino hopping, drinking, having breakfast and then going to bed. The cycle starts all over again when you get up
- Jaisalmer: Sands, camels and tents.
- Maldives: The clear water and beach.
Four things you hope to do before you die
- Money: Yeah and loads of it for financial freedom.
- Education: I would like few more degrees in order to repay my parents for not spending their money wisely during college years.
- Farmhouse: Built a house in the middle of lush green paddy fields. I do not want to think of the mosquitoes right now. I will cross that bridge when it comes.
- Backpacking: I want to carry my computer and my phone when I go for this. But I do not want to carry my work.
Four novels you wish you were reading for the first time
I can’t think of any! I actually love reading it twice. :)
Four movies you can see over and over
- Dilwaale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge(Hindi): This was a different love story for my generation. I can’t get enough of this movie in spite of countless viewing.
- Godfather trilogy(English): The Corleones are interesting characters. I have seen the trilogy back to back – first the movie and then with Francis Ford Coppola’s commentary. I still can watch this again and find something I missed altogether earlier.
- Godfather(Malayalam): Jokes aplenty. Siddique-Lal at their best. It has been 18 years, the jokes still make you laugh!
- In Hariharnagar(Malayalam): Siddique-Lal at their second best. The sequel was a hit because of the popularity of the original.
Finally, the following are eligible for being carrier of this virus.
- Vaz, who has an interesting perspective about everything around us
- Mathew, who has a great sense of humor and a great writing style. (Frankly do not know which is greater!)
- Urmi, who is a one-stop resource on places to visit.
- Sanju, with a great blog but even greater laziness to update the blog more frequently.