Think before you gift



Receiving gifts is a pleasure. It is good to know a person cares for you. How would you feel if you received a iPhone as a gift? To take it a notch further, how would you feel if you received a car as a gift? I don't know about you. I know about me. I would be very happy. So, I was surprised to know about a person who received gifts and was unimpressed.

I'm talking about a girl here. I am not sure if she is beautiful or not as I have never met or seen this person. She has a suitor who is head over heels about her. But she doesn't reciprocate the feelings. So what does the suitor do? He buys her a brand new car. Does he stop there? No. He also buys her a brand new iPhone for her. Despite the two gifts, she still has not softened her attitude towards the suitor.

Are there more gifts planned? I do not know. But I know what happened to the iPhone. She sold it to another person. How did I come across this piece of information? My young friend is the one who brokered the iPhone deal. Now, if you are in Paris and looking for a compact car, you know whom to contact.

Picture Courtesy: http://www.privatefleet.com.au

Tags: Musings,Gifts


Comments

  1. Hmmm... is the girl unmoved and unimpressed because of the person who gave these gifts or is she generally unimpressed with gifts per se?

    I think that you have raised a very important point for me. I love receiving gifts, but I love giving gifts even more. When I started working I was very happy, not just because I was financially independent, but because I could buy gifts for people I loved. I discovered to my shock that there are people who are uncomfortable about receiving gifts. Initially, the lack of appreciation hurt but then I understood the genuine discomfort I was OK with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ThatAndThisInMumbai - From what I heard so far, I think it is because of the person. :) Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on.. had I been in that girls place I wouldn't even accept the gifts....
    If you don't have feeling for someone then nothing can help it... She doesn't love the guy... That is it... Now no matter what he does.. nothings gonna help..
    I don't understand why males think that the love of a girl can be bought by expensive gift... errrrrrr... :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Madhulika - Now, think about what would be the girl thinking and how futile are the attempts by the guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @nona: deal is over but not yet settled.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Chenna - I thought it money transferred and the items exchanged! This is news to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woaaa! That girl is cheeky I tell you!
    I always get scared to take gifts. I feel it builds expectations from my end.

    Contact? Me? **Blink**BLINK** Blank expression.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @SpicySweet - Yes, I agree it builds expectations at the receiver's end. Contact me if you are Paris and you need a second-hand compact but brand new compact car. I will pass your contact details to my young friend who will broker the deal. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey, I still don't have a car. Any possibility that guy would gift another man a car?

    ReplyDelete
  10. May be, the more fuss she makes, the more gifts she gets. If she is satisfied, the flow of gifts will stop. Quite a strategist, she seems.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @JoshiMukard - he he he. Not sure about that. If that option was available, I would also have queued up for it.

    @Hari- he he he.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Ashwini - Some people never learn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. at least someone made some profit ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. i am wondering if they still make suitors(read men) like that. Feeling quite unworthy after reading the whole thing as I have recently been gifted a iPad scratchguard.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i so feel like kicking her. can't believe there're girls like this one out there. she's the kind that brings foul definitions to us girls. she should give a definite answer so that the guy isn't left hanging on and hoping. that is, unless the guy's persistent and doesn't realize that She's not That Into You.ha!

    sorry, i seriously can't believe that girl and she put me in a foul mood! sorry for your friend btw =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The guy is not really my friend. It was an anecdote I shared. So I am not really sad for the guy. Yes, the girl shouldn't leave the guy hanging. If she does so, you and me knows the intentions are not good!

      Delete
  16. Would love to know how that story ends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment