Woman and shoes

I can't generalize women as the only species with an unexplained fixation for shoes. I have male friends who have more number of shoes than the number of months in a year. This post is not an in-depth study into the psyche behind the love for shoes. Instead it is an anecdote from a friend which features shoes and also a woman.

My friend accidentally comes across a good deal in a moving sale. The seller was moving from the city for reasons unknown and he was selling whatever he couldn't carry with him. The table on the sale catches the attention of my friend. Prima facie, the table is in good condition. Fearing trickery behind the intention to sell this item, my friends examines it, re-examines it and again re-examines it. There is nothing wrong with the table. So, he closes the deal.

If you are wondering about the main theme of the post, I urge to be patient. The woman is about to appear now. Now, my friend has a tiny problem. He cannot transport the table alone. So, what does he do? He calls his girlfriend, our woman. He breaks the news about the new acquisition. He requests her to come to the location of sales in order to help him transport the table. She is at their home and readily agrees. My friend waits for his girlfriend. She arrives.

This is where the shoes comes into picture. She is here to transport a table which means walking with a heavy object. And what shoes did she chose for this occasion? She is wearing a high heeled shoe; a stiletto heel to be precise! My friend underplays his emotions when he sums up his situation with the following statement. "What the hell? She has a closet full of shoes. And this is the only one she could pick up!".



Comments

  1. Yes but did she have to carry the table in the end? If not her plan worked. And I bet she looked great not carrying it, wearing those stilettos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I thought the plan was to carry the table back to home.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Well, it happened a long time back. Now he has a good table. :)

      Delete
  3. I quite like the punchline. What a faceshoe moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love shoes too, and yes, women prefer to look good than care about lifting something :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALOL...I'm not a stilleto person but I would probably comment the same way as ur friend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Since you are not a stiletto person, I assume you will never wear one to such occasion

      Delete
  6. lol:) cool lady..I too have a strange fixation with shoes and I often take more time deciding what to wear on my feet then the time taken to decide on the clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahah... but being a girl i can tell you looking good is more important than anything else. You need to pamper yourself ;)
    And yeah.. i loved the way this post began. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha.. being a girl i can tell you that looking good is more important than anything else. You need to pamper yourself :)
    And yeah... i did love the way this post began :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellentcontent. Keep creating this kind of type of home elevators your blog.
    Im actually thankful for your site. Very good giving your thoughts upon
    "Woman and shoes". Respect
    Here is my web-site : pediped shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by and your encouraging words.

      Delete

Post a Comment