Photos: Fathers day

It is a delight when people likes to be clicked. Yesterday, a small girl was excitedly asking me to take a picture. It was fathers day. My friend had organized a picnic to raise awareness on the psychological effect on children as a result of warring ex-spouses during and after divorce. The girl was sitting right next to her dad when she asked me to take a picture. I took her picture. Then I asked her dad to come into the frame in order to take a picture of both of them. Father and child/children. Isn't that a great theme on this day?

But the father refused. If you are surprised on hearing this, I was no different on hearing his response. The father explained to me the situation in halting English. He cannot let me take a picture. If the picture gets published, then the girl's mother can create legal issues for him. Currently, he has the custody of his child. Though it makes him happy, it also put a great responsibility on his shoulders. He need to always think twice before he makes any decision about his child even if it is a simple thing like getting his daughter photographed with him.The thinking is not only about her well being but also about losing custody.

There were many pictures I took. This response made me aware of the fact that I could not use all those heart tugging wide eyed smiles of the dads and their kids. My friend was kind enough to run around to check who had no issue in publishing the pictures. There were many who were okay about publishing.

For all the dads, who are with their family, away from their family and struggling to keep their family, here is one for you. The picture was tricky because of the boys. There were very active and jumping all around the place thereby blocking the smile or the eyes thereby ruining the shot. At the same time, it was fun. I am glad I could get this one right.



Tags: Photos

Comments

  1. It is indeed a good picture, capturing the children with their father. Really sad about the other friend, but one has to respect his wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree. I complied with his wishes. I am not publishing any of the pictures. :)

      Delete
  2. the struggle of children of warring spouses is a truly tragic one. as children they are often unable to understand the dynamics, and tend to blame themselves for the situation. in india too, women often take advantage of the gender bias in laws to use offsprings as bait to close on settlements that are in their favor. however, i believe that all injustices are accounted for, and that all things shall be made whole in the course of time if everyone responds to the situation with love and compassion. thank you so much, nona, for a post on this day on this perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Separation or breaking away is not easy. There is so many bitter experiences before and after. It is impossible for anyone to forget the bad taste left after the association. Often this has an effect on the kids. Some of the parents take it on the kids too. This event was to raise awareness of all these issues. I'm glad I could photograph and also write about this. :)

      Delete
  3. i feel both sad and happy after reading the post. Nice pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do not understand why couples cannot have a divorce in peace and save the kids all the bickering. Great post and lovely shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think going different ways is never easy...no matter how wise we are.

      Delete
  5. This is a great post, Nona!!! Yes, hats off to all fathers who want, crave and are fathers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment