Photos: Shooting the Eye

The fireworks in front of the London Eye on the New Year's Eve lasted 12 minutes. Just when the countdown started from 10, a lot of hands went up. The hands were holding mobile phones in order to capture the fireworks. When there is a huge crowd, like that night, it is difficult to get a good shot. Moreover, if you need to capture the fireworks, you need a cable release. Even with a cable release, it is a learning experience. So I chose to watch the fireworks.

Now how did I know the fireworks lasted 12 minutes. No, I didn't read it on the newspapers next day. Nor do I possess an advanced sense of time. I say it lasted 12 minutes because I was glancing at the mobile that was clearly partially blocking my line of vision. The recording went on for 12 minutes. I saw the man step in front me and raise his camera to shoot as soon as the countdown started. It was an odd sight for me since the man was standing right behind me for over an hour without moving. He was alone and with warnings about snatchers, you can never be too careful.

I was eyeing him with suspicion till the countdown. When the countdown started, he started recording excitedly. Judging by his excitement, I guess it is being recorded for people who don't have a chance to see it. It might be for someone back at home, wherever his home is. Isn't it weird? We all want to shoot pictures without any one of us in the frame even though better pictures are available on the internet for everyone to view!

While you think about this, I share the picture of someone shooting the eye before the fireworks. This person in the picture is not the person I was referring to.



Picture Courtesy: http://www.facebook.com/photokkaran
Please visit the page of Photokkaran. Don't forget to "Like" the page if you enjoy the pictures.

Tags: Photos

-->

Comments

  1. "We all want to shoot pictures without any one of us in the frame even though better pictures are available on the internet for everyone to view!" That is so so so very true. I often wonder the same, I want to click a beautiful picture but later on I realize what good is it, it doesn't have me in it!

    That happens to most of our vacation pictures as well. :\

    Anyways, Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clicking pictures of landscape is okay. But sometimes, we become trigger happy and keeps on clicking without even bothering how it turn out. :) That is something I don't like. With digital cameras, you can be careless as storage is cheaper. But sometimes, you need to pause to think. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment