The inferior philandering man

A few days back, I happened to overhear a bizarre conversation. Two women were talking to each other loudly oblivious of me. I could follow the conversation because they were talking loudly, and I was sitting close to them. They were not bothered by my presence. Interestingly, the two women were talking about a man. In normal circumstances, this conversation should be interesting for me. Instead, it turned out to be a bizarre one as it was about a weak man who succumbed to temptations.

The adjectives of the man, our protagonist, were deduced by me after what was being discussed by the women. The man had recently divorced his wife. Apparently, the two women knew the man and his wife. So the divorce came as a surprise. The reason was infidelity. The man was having an affair with another woman. At this point, they decided to investigate the man's reason for straying. Without realizing, they were giving the man a clean chit. According to one of the woman, the man was in a job where there were a lot of "beautiful" women walking around him. So she understands his predicament. Hearing her stand, I hit the stop button on my eavesdropping machine.

I should be glad when the opposite sex justifies the actions of men. But I was disturbed. Is it a foregone conclusion that men will go wrong? Are men so lacking that they need justification for all their actions? Are men so weak that they can't fight temptation?

Tags: Musings, Men, Women, Infidelity

Comments

  1. Definitely not. Even though it is the role of the hormone, every men knows their limit and have control over them. IF they dont, they are none other than sociopaths.

    Appreciate your perspective Nona. Good one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are people who belong to both the categories. But I am against generalizing or stereotyping.

      Delete
  2. Its strange that this should be the commonly accepted norm in the society..or may be it is a localized perception. I'd be more inclined to believe the 2nd option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it was a localized perception, I wouldn't have felt so strongly about this. It isn't.

      Delete
  3. 1) Generalizing is a no-no
    2) So what if there were "many beautiful women"? Do all men stray? No!
    3) Why do women feel the constant need to defend a man no matter what he does? Cheating is cheating, and is wrong, irrespective of who does it - man or woman.

    Good you didn't eavesdrop further. God knows what stupidity you would have heard afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost my interest at this point. So I didn't listen further. Thank for your comments.

      Delete

Post a Comment