Pappettan never gets bitter


Do you feel bitter when a friend lets you down? You may be disappointed. But does that disappointment turn into bitterness? While you answer the question, do you know that bitter words can destroy a good relationship? If you are feeling resentful, then what you utter will also be bitter. Most of the time, you spit out how you feel. It takes extraordinary abilities to control the negative emotions. But I stand corrected. There is one person who is above all human weaknesses. That person is none other than our Pappettan.

When the sun came out of hiding in the spring, we organized a photo walk. The mission was to photograph the lovely spring flowers in their natural habitat. After deliberation, we narrowed on a day where there was ample light but low temperatures. We can drape layers and layers of clothes to warm ourselves up, but we are unable to coax the weather god. On the day of the mission, a friend of ours decided to back out. I was consumed with rage and hatred, but Pappettan kept his cool. When we reached the destination, the levels of anger has climbed exponentially. At the meeting place, the rest of the friend raised the obvious question? Where is the other friend?

I was about to explode at this stage. When I had formulated all my bitterness and was about to respond, I heard a calm voice beside me. It was Pappettan. He had anticipated this moment and taken the lead quietly. "It is quite cold today for Spring. You know he can't handle cold. So he decided to skip." With this rationale, everyone accepted and felt sorry for the friend who missed the event. It also made me pause and rethink the whole scenario. Yes, our friend couldn't handle cold weather. It was the reason for him to skip the photo walk. But why was I concentrating on my disappointment and not the real reason for him to miss the occasion? 

Photo Courtesy: Navaneeth KN
Tags: Pappettan Says


Comments