Pappettan helps him find her answer


I was in the cafe with Pappettan when a familiar figure turned up. The familiar figure was from our inner circle, but we have interacted with him a few times before. I didn't want to be rude. So I refrained from objecting when he joined our table. Moreover, I always wind up with a story when somebody seeks the company of Pappettan. 

The familiar figure exclaimed in exasperation. Coffee in Naples enables relationships and social interactions. When people say "Let's have coffee," and it means "Let's spend some time together."

As he was imparting a great deal of knowledge about Naples and coffee, I rolled my eyes looking at Pappettan. It seemed out of context to me. But Pappettan had forgotten about me and was giving the familiar figure his undivided attention. 

Pappettan responded. It is an interesting trivia. Why are you interested in coffee and Naples all of a sudden?

The familiar figure took a deep breath and explained his predicament. I have been asking this girl for a coffee for such a long time. She doesn't seem to get it. She never comes out for a coffee with me. It is time to share this trivia with her.

Pappettan asked him, the voice never displaying the slightest of irritation but containing a lot of compassion. What were her responses when you asked her to join for a coffee?

The familiar figure tried hard to recollect those moments. Pappettan's reputation precedes him. So the familiar figure wanted to remember the exact words. After a while, he came up with a few responses. She had different answers. She doesn't have time. She has a previous appointment and no, thanks. She is not a coffee aficionado.

Pappettan flashed a smile at this point. Do you notice the common factor in her answers?

The familiar looked up with a slight sense of confusion.

Pappettan made it easy for him. There is no in those answers. It is time you moved on.

Photo Courtesy: Dan Nguyen

Comments

Post a Comment