Pappettan teaches how to say things in Indian

If you are wondering who Pappettan is, click on this link and find out.


Pappettan has all the answers. I always wonder when I would reach that state of zen where there is abundance of patience and knowledge. Last month, I attended an Indian party in Bastille. Even though it is an Indian party, all nationalities were welcome. As a result, there were many faces from different parts of the world. In the party, I was engaged in a conversation with two pretty young things when I ran out of answers.

Pretty Things: So how do you say "I like you" in Indian?

Me: *surprised at the sudden turn of events*

Pretty Things: *looking expectantly at me for an answer*

Me: *looks around to see other hot Indian men and suddenly gets the connection to this abrupt query*

Pretty Things: *still waiting for an answer*

To be frank, I hate teaching "Indian" to non-Indians. If you are an Indian, you will easily connect with my dilemma. What do I teach them? Malayalam, Tamil, Hindi....?

Me: Errr... Well, that depends on who you are communicating with. As you know, India has several languages. So whom do you want to convey this message? What language does he speak?

Pretty Things: *hope turns to despair. on the verge of being bored*

I might not be smart. But I am smart enough to read boredom and also to identify a sinking situation. So I look around. I find Pappettan standing close to me.

Me: Pappettaaaa, can you help my friends?

Pappettan: *approaches calmly with a heartwarming smile and raises his eyebrows indicating to the pretty things to go ahead with their questions*

Pretty Things: *now with renewed interest* So how do you say "I like you" in Indian?

Pappettan: It is simple.

Pretty Things: *very happy now* How?

Pappettan: You say "I like you".

Pretty Things: *confused*

Pappettan: English is such a beautiful language. We use it in our everyday life. So when we like some one, we say "I like you". When we love someone, we say "I love you". Isn't it simple and uncomplicated?


Tags: Pappettan Says,Indian


-->

Comments

  1. Quite possibly your best so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. :) It is the "Paris" effect. The stories get better and better. :)

      Delete
  2. :) Awesome, Nona! Loved it man!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL ! yeah its as simple as that ! hail Pappettan !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After all English is an Indian language, right? Pappettan, you rock. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment